Well...they're ummm, like a cube with a big hole in one side & a small hole in the opposing side. If you can manage to insert the included high quality, square drive screw through the hole & screw it into the proper location on your railing system, making sure your spacing is accurate, then manage to drive the screw home until it's just right tight, and properly aligned so as to be square and in line with all the others in the run...and can manage all that without personal injury, my guess is that you'll be very happy. They're very sturdy with regard to build quality, and the screws are real stainless steel, I checked em' with a magnet. Happy building Y'all. And yes, I would recommend these to a friend.
Hidden Square Baluster Connectors by Deckorators with Screws
Using the standard baluster connector give the effect that the baluster is coming out of a drilled hole in the upper and lower rail. Deckorators Standard Estate baluster connectors allow the Estate aluminum balusters to be secured to the rail without routing. Use with 3/4" square balusters for a clean hidden look.
- Secure Estate Square 3/4" Balusters to the rail without routing holes.
- Includes stainless steel screws.
- Stair connector creates a 35-degree angle
- One pack of 20 connectors installs 10 balusters.
- Also available in 200-pack (100 balusters - black straight only)
- Stair connectors also available in bronze,white and brown.
I used these balusters for interior stairs and they look beautiful. Deck Expressions service was outstanding. Dan was very helpful and accommodating. I would highly recommend.