Joist & Flashing Tape by Deckorators
Extend the life of your wood or composite deck with easy-to-install protective joist tape. Made of butyl rubber, this tape creates a waterproof membrane that prevents wood rot and decay caused by humidity and moisture. Seals around screws and nails blocking water into your deck lumber, and when placed between wood and metal surfaces it eliminates corrosion potential. Rolls measure 1-5/8-in or 3-5/8-in x 50-ft. Protect and maximize the life of your deck by using joist and flashing tape on a wood or composite deck's substructure.
- Available Sizes: 1-5/8 in. x 50 ft. (for single-Joist) and 3-1/8 in. x 50 ft. (for double-Joist/beam)
- Can be applied to the top of joists, rim joists, and ledgers to protect wood against water damage
- Increases the holding power of deck screws
- Acts as a barrier to protect screw holes from moisture
- Ideal for both wood and composite deck understructures for which we recommend using ProWood® professional grade treated lumber.