Our Shipping and Return Policy
Most orders over $99 qualify for free shipping to the contiguous United States.
We ship smaller items via USPS, UPS, or FedEx. Larger and heavier items are shipped via freight.
In stock orders received Monday-Friday before 1pm eastern standard time are processed same day. Orders received on Saturdays or Sundays are processed the next Monday. In-stock orders typically ship within 1-2 business days after processing. Backordered products might require additional business days before shipping. For expedited shipping, carriers do not ship on weekends!
Many of the items we sell at Deck Expressions are too big and/or too heavy to ship by a normal postal carrier vehicle. As such, there is a good chance your product will be shipped via a freight carrier. We reserve the right to choose which freight carrier delivers your shipment.
Freight shipping is more complicated than a regular postal carrier delivery, in large part due to the heavy items and a less robust route network.
Here are some important things to know about freight shipping:
The freight carrier will contact you to schedule a delivery window.
You must be physically present to accept delivery.
- The trucking company will provide a window for delivery that can be up to 8hrs.
Freight shipments are dropped off at your curb. The driver is NOT expected to deliver your items to your front door, garage, back yard, etc. It's a good idea to have other people there to help you move the shipment.
You must sign for the shipment upon acceptance. Please see our damaged shipments policy for information on how to handle a damaged shipment.
Shipping Transit Times:
Shipping transit times do not account for the 1-2 business day lead time to process your order. Shipping transit times are not guaranteed - they are estimated to the best of our ability based on our experience. The amount of time it takes for your product to deliver can vary based on your delivery address, your availability to receive the shipment, and carrier network congestion.
Many of our products ship via motor freight wit a 10 business day lead time.
Please note that we partner with third party Freight Carriers to make deliveries. While we hold our partners to a high standard, some delays in shipping are possible that are out of our control.
Inspecting Your Delivery:
When your order arrives, please ensure that you inspect every item in the shipment. Count the number of boxes and items you receive and make sure this matches the delivery receipt BEFORE signing for the delivery.
After you have counted the boxes and items in the shipment, inspect the shipment for damage BEFORE signing for the delivery. Remove wrapping, boxes, and fillers, and ensure that each item in your shipment is not damaged.
Once you have counted the items in the shipment and inspected each item, mark your delivery receipt as applicable ("clear" if everything is ok, "missing" for missing items on the receipt, "damaged" for damaged goods or "wrap broken" if boxes or shrink wrap are damaged).
Missing items that are printed on the delivery receipt must be reported to us within 10 business days of receiving your order by contacting our customer service team (email@example.com) Please note you must mark the delivery receipt "missing" and notify the truck driver (freight delivery) of the short shipment before signing the receipt.
In the event of missing items, please allow a few extra business days for the carrier to locate the missing items.
We reserve the right to reject any claim for missing items if the claim is not reported within the 10 business day period.
All deliveries must be inspected, and damage claims turned into Deck Expressions , within 10 days of delivery. Please send pictures of the damaged items along with a detailed description of your damage, Please include your 5-digit Customer PO# and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is your responsibility to inspect products that are delivered to you to determine if there are any damaged products. If any of your items appear to be damaged upon inspection, mark the receipt "damaged" next to the items that are damaged. Please accept delivery of the damaged items. We will work quickly to get replacements sent out to you.
If you have signed your delivery receipt but discover damage to your item(s) after ten-days, please contact the Freight Carrier to create a claim for damages.
If your shipment was left at the delivery address without you being there to receive it and you then discover damage, please take pictures of the damage and send it to us at email@example.com along with your 5 digit customer PO #.
Liftgate is an extra charge, if this is needed let us know at time of order and we will make arrangements. Otherwise all freight shipments are curbside only. The trucking company pulls to the end of the drive, wheels the pallet to back of the truck, cuts the straps and items are off loaded by hand. This is a good way to inspect all products from the delivery.
Please note that any change in shipping delivery address received more than 24 hours after the original order has been placed could be subject to a shipping reconsignment fee. Please be sure to consider this when providing your delivery address upon order.
Cancelling an existing Order:
- Deck Expressions offers free shipping on most orders of $99 and more. Exclusions may apply based on the current increased cost of shipping certain larger sized products and items. For any questions, please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you place an order with eligible items/products, ground shipping is FREE! This offer is not valid for express shipping. To take advantage of this promotion, simply fill your cart with eligible products and select the standard shipping option to ship your items to a single US address.
- When checking out with Amazon, orders under 99.99 will still be charged the minimum 15.00 shipping fee.
- NOTE ~ Some special order items will have a shipping charge! (over 99.00)
We know sometimes an item may be the wrong color, does not fit properly, or you just may not be happy with your purchase.
Please Follow the Below Steps for a Hassle Free Return:
IF YOU SET UP AN ACCOUNT UPON CHECKOUT:
Log into your store, then go to My Account.
Click "Completed" to see a list of all completed orders.
Find the order that you wish to return, then click Return Item(s) next to View Order Details.
Fill out the requested items on the return request.
Click Submit Return Request.
IF YOU DID NOT SET UP AN ACCOUNT UPON CHECKOUT:
- Send an email to email@example.com with your order number and request a return authorization.
- Please be clear what item(s) you are looking to return.
- An e-mail will be sent back to you with return instructions.
Use the original packaging or your own, what ever is easier for you.
- All orders placed with credit card or Pay Pal will be credited back to the customer’s account.
- Deck Expressions is not responsible for any return shipping cost. (unless the return was the result of our error - wrong or defective item etc.)
- There will be a re-stocking fee on most items (Please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details)
- To avoid returns, we urge you to call us at any time to discuss your order. We want to make sure that the items that you are interested in are going to be of satisfaction to you, whether it be size, color or quantity. We dislike returns as much as you do!
- Deckorators products must be returned within 30 days of sale (15% restocking fee)
- Tuff Block products must be returned within 30 days of sale!
- Nantucket custom post caps and skirts are NON-refundable (all other Nantucket items must be returned within 30 days) (25% restocking fee)
- Nortek Copper Post Caps are NON ~ Refundable! These are all made to order.
- RDI must be returned within 30 days of sale (25% restocking fee)
- Fortress (25% restocking fee)
- Classy Caps (20% restocking fee)
- DekPro (15% restocking fee)
- HidFast (20% restocking fee)
- NextStone (25% restocking fee ~ products must be returned within 30 days of purchase)
- Superior Plastics (20% restocking fee)
- GenStone (20% restocking fee)
- Aurora (20% restocking fee)
- Bison Special Order Wood Tiles/Cubes/Decking, Custom Products, and Aluminum Cubes are non-returnable and non-refundable.Return of Pedestals, Accessories, Wood Tiles, 2CM Pavers, and Paver Trays must be authorized in advance by Bison within 90 days of original invoice date and received within 30 days from the Return Authorization date. All goods must be returned in original packaging and in new condition.Each authorized return will incur a 25% restocking fee. All goods must be returned FREIGHT PRE-PAID by the sender and received by Bison in sale-able condition before credit will be issued
- Pay Pal transaction fees will NOT be refunded on any refunds.
Please note that certain items are subject to a manufacturers restocking fee; for information on whether your purchase may be subject to a fee please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com