Contemporary Post Extension by Deckorators
Deckorators Contemporary Post Extension is a stylish and durable post extension system that was designed to add extra length to an existing post. This extension system can be used for post 2-1/2" in diameter. It is made from a heavy-duty aluminum that is corrosion resistant and can withstand a wide range of weather conditions. This post extension system has a contemporary look that adds a sophisticated touch to outdoor spaces. The Deckorators Contemporary Post Extension is easy to install, requiring minimal tools and no cutting or welding. Light up your deck with the ALX Post Extension. With an incredibly easy install, simply insert the extension into your new or existing ALX Aluminum Railing. An aluminum hardware clip is included with the post extension to hook your outdoor lighting from post to post.
- 66” (5.5’) powder-coated aluminum posts in Textured Black
- Can turn your 39” posts into 105” & 44” posts into 110”
- Includes pre-installed inserts for fastening to an ALX 2-1/2" Post
- Aluminum hardware included to attach string lights
- Compatible with ALX 2-1/2" Post Kit
Deckorators, Inc. (the “Warrantor”) is pleased to extend this Warranty to you, the original consumer or end user (the
“Consumer”) of the Deckorators product. This Warranty is valid for Deckorators ALX Railings, Aluminum Balusters and
Scenic (tempered glass) Balusters (“Railing Product”) used in standard residential applications in the United States and
Canada, and may not be assigned or transferred by you.
LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY AND TEN-YEAR SALT WATER APPLICATIONS LIMITED WARRANTY
Warrantor, at its sole option, will replace or refund the original purchase price for any Deckorators ALX Railings used in a decking/railing application where the coated surface chips, cracks, checks, chalks or peels. Warrantor will also, at its sole option,
replace or refund the original purchase price for any manufacturing defects in any tempered glass material or aluminum extrusion
for your Deckorators ALX Railings used in a decking/railing application. Installations located within one (1) mile of coastal salt water
are limited to the first ten years from date of purchase.
Warrantor shall have no further liability or obligation except as expressly stated herein. If a claim is made under this Warranty on
a product that is no longer available, Warrantor reserves the right to provide a similar product of equivalent quality and value.
TWENTY-FIVE-YEAR REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
If a Railing Product is proven to be defective and eligible for replacement or refund under the terms of this Warranty and was
installed in strict accordance with the installation instructions, Warrantor will provide, in addition to replacement product or
a refund of the original purchase price, a prorated portion of the reasonable and customary costs associated with installing
replacement products, including removal and disposal of defective products (“Replacement Costs”). Replacement Costs will be
prorated as set forth in the “Prorated Refund Schedule” and based off of the reasonable and customary Replacement Costs on
the date of the original purchase. This amount shall not be adjusted for inflation. Replacement Costs shall not include the cost of
freight and permits required or obtained in connection with installing replacement products.
Prorated Removal and Replacement Refund Schedule
Years Since Purchase % Purchase Price Covered
Years 1 - 6 100%
Years 7 - 10 80%
Years 11 - 14 60%
Years 15 - 18 40%
Years 19 - 21 20%
Years 22 - 25 10%
LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTY
The Warranty does not apply to any product that:
• Is damaged by physical abuse, acts of God, acts of war, exposure to acid rain, abrasive elements (including sand abrasion) or
other chemical or biological factors.
• Has not been installed or maintained in accordance with Warrantor’s installation and maintenance instructions.
• Has been abused or placed under or subjected to abnormal residential use conditions.
• Has been used, modified or otherwise treated in any manner other than as intended by Warrantor.
• Has been stored improperly prior to installation, resulting in excess exposure to moisture.
• Has been subjected to welding, bending, drilling, cutting or other fabrication not called for in Warrantor’s installation guidelines.
• Has been exposed to a corrosive environment, including the use of adhesive tapes, sealants or mastics in direct contact with the
• Railing Product installed within one (1) mile of any coastal salt water must be regularly cleaned in strict accordance with the
guidelines and frequency of Deckorators Care and Cleaning guidelines, and a log kept recording such cleanings.
ALX Railing and Baluster
Salt Water Prorated Removal and Replacement Refund Schedule
(Railing Product installed within one mile of coastal salt water)
Years Since Purchase % Purchase Price Covered
Years 1 - 2 100%
Years 3 - 4 80%
Years 5 - 6 60%
Years 7 - 8 40%
Year 9 20%
Year 10 10%