Azek Federal Base Post Trim
Built from Azek by Nantucket, this high-quality deck post base trim is a favorite of professional renovators and home improvement hobbyists alike. Its ingenious design providing the look and feel of real wood without any of the maintenance. Immune to both insects and moisture, it provides the long lasting appeal of an expensive trim without the price.
The Azek base post trim is one of the strongest on the market, guaranteed not to rip, split, or warp. Customization is simple when working with this piece, as it easily accepts paint for the color of your choice and is available in 19 different sizes ranging from 3 ½’’ to 10.” All post skirts are 5/8” deep and 1-3/8” high.
For easy installation onto an existing post, the deck post base trim is designed with 3 sides attached and the 4th side open. Due to its high quality at such an affordable price, this trim is a must-have product for any DIY deck builder.
All Azek post caps and base trim are custom made. Usually one week lead time.
The Following Care is Recommended your Azek Post Caps:
Azek products must be painted prior to being installed or they will discolor and void the warranty.
The following is recommended:
- Azek doesn't have a finish and that leaves the material subject to dirt, smudges, mold, and mildew.
- Properly prepared and painted with even brush strokes gives it the appearance of finely painted wood.
- A properly painted finish will last for years, protecting the substrate from mold, mildew and UV rays.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and void of any foreign material such as dirt, oil, grease or other contaminants that may come from normal handling, storage and/or installation prior to painting.
- Use a 100% acrylic latex paint with colors having a Light Reflective Value (LRV) of 55 or higher.
- Azek post trim are made FROM Azek not by Azek!
- All trim is 1/16" larger than size listed.
- Post skirt is 1-1/2" Tall