AZEK Federal Post Caps
Azek material is a perfect mix of beauty and functionality. It looks, feels, cuts, and shapes like wood, only it does not rot or deteriorate. Azek Post Caps are a great way to protect and enhance your fence or deck post without the worry of future maintenance. The Federal style offers a slight point at the top. It is recommended that Azek post caps be painted prior to being installed. Azek post caps accepts paint beautifully.
Once painted they are 100% maintenance free.
All Azek post caps and base trim are custom made. Usually one week lead time.
- Impervious to Insects and Moisture
- Looks and Feels like White Painted Wood
- Accepts Paint Easily for a Custom Color
- All Post Caps are made 1/16" larger than listed size.
- Azek post caps are made FROM Azek not by Azek!
Azek products must be painted prior to being installed or they will discolor and void the warranty.
The following is recommended:
- Azek doesn't have a finish and that leaves the material subject to dirt, smudges, mold, and mildew.
- Properly prepared and painted with even brush strokes gives it the appearance of finely painted wood.
- A properly painted finish will last for years, protecting the substrate from mold, mildew and UV rays.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and void of any foreign material such as dirt, oil, grease or other contaminants that may come from normal handling, storage and/or installation prior to painting.
- Use a 100% acrylic latex paint with colors having a Light Reflective Value (LRV) of 55 or higher.