Simpson Strong Tie Deck Tension Kit with Fasteners
"Meet new code in minutes"
Sold in boxes of 4
Simplify how you attach a deck to a house with the new DTT1Z deck tension tie. Its a safe and time - saving alternative that eliminates the need to access floor joists from inside the house. Designed to meet new 2015 IRC code provisions, the DTT1Z is fastened from outside the house, connecting the deck joists to the homes framing. The deck tension tie installs on the joist with Strong - Drive SD Connector screws and into the house with the new Strong - Drive SDWH Timber - Hex HDG screw.
DTT tension ties are safe, cost-effective connectors designed to meet or exceed code requirements for deck construction. These versatile DTT connectors are also load-rated as a holdown for light-duty shearwalls and braced wall panel applications.
For new construction or to make an existing current deck code-compliant, the DTT1Z can be used as a tension-tie to satisfy the 2015 IRC provision for a 750 lbs. lateral load connection to the house at four locations per deck. This new code detail permits the lateral connection from the deck joists to be made to top plates, studs, or headers within the supporting structure, which eliminates the need to access to the floor joists inside the home. The DTT1Z connector is available individually or in a kit of 4 along with 4 Strong-Drive® SDWH Timber-Hex HDG screws and 24 Strong-Drive®SD Connector screws.
The new DTT1Z fastens to the narrow or wide face of a single 2x with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws or nails and accepts a 3/8" machine bolt, anchor bolt, or lag screw (washer required) or can be installed with the new Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex HDG screw with an integral washer. The DTT2 fastens easily to the wide face of a single or double 2x using Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (included) and accepts a ½" machine bolt or anchor bolt.
- Eliminates the need to access the floor joists inside the house
- Ties the guardrail post into deck framing
- Stronger and safer than nails, lag screws or bolts
- Ties the deck into the house for a stronger, safer ledger connection
- Helps prevent a common type of deck failure
- Retail pack includes Strong-Drive® SD Connector Screws and SDWH Timber-Hex HDG Screws
- Made from 14-Gauge steel
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Quantity: 4 DTT1Z connectors
- Fastens to the narrow or wide face of a single 2x with Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive SD Connector screws (included) or nails and accepts a 3/8 in. machine bolt, anchor bolt, or lag screw (washer required) or can be installed with the new Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex HDG screw with an integral washer (included)